London. Tuesday 20 October 2015, 07:00 BST. Norgine B.V today announced that it will be presenting the following key data;
· European Colonoscopy Quality Investigation Group: Improving standards in colonoscopy through a practice level audit tool. 26 October 2015, 12:00-13:30.
· NER1006, a new low-volume bowel cleansing solution vs. trisulphate, polyethylene glycol 3350+ascorbate or sodium picosulphate/magnesium salt: three ongoing multicentre randomised parallel group phase III studies in 1914 patients undergoing colonoscopy date. 27 October 2015, 11:00-12:30. Abstract OP243.
· Impact of switching from a brand to a generic macrogol on prescriptions and doses for patients with chronic constipation in the UK. 27 October 2015, 12:30-13:30. Abstract 1073.
· Cost-effectiveness of Rifaximin-α (XIFAXAN®/TARGAXAN®) in the reduction of recurrence of overt hepatic encephalopathy in United Kingdom. 28 October 2015, 11:00-12:30. Abstract 1246.
· Cost-effectiveness of Rifaximin-α (XIFAXAN®/TARGAXAN®) in the reduction of recurrence of overt hepatic encephalopathy in Sweden. 28 October 2015, 11:00-12:30. Abstract 1245.
Notes to Editors:
NER1006 is a novel, low volume polyethylene glycol based bowel preparation that has been developed to provide whole bowel cleansing, with an additional focus on the ascending colon. This low volume solution is developed not only to support improved patient acceptability and compliance but also to contribute to effectiveness of colonoscopy procedures at detecting colon cancer and for optimised bowel surveillance, through effective bowel cleansing.
About European Colonoscopy Quality Investigation Group
The ECQI project allows physicians from hospitals, universities, ambulatory surgery centers, and office-based endoscopy units from all across Europe to collect key quality indicators for colonoscopy. The project is led and managed by a group of expert doctors in the area of endoscopy. The data is collected in a systematic method and used to measure quality in colonoscopy. Objectives include the following: and who work together to:
· Facilitate colonoscopists to measure their clinical practice
· Allow colonoscopists to share and benchmark results
· Empower analysis and decision making around colonoscopy for all
· Facilitate the creation of guidelines that may enhance the quality of colonoscopy
· Advocate the concept of quality in colonoscopy
About XIFAXAN® / TARGAXAN®? 550mg film-coated tablets
XIFAXAN® / TARGAXAN®? 550mg is indicated for the reduction in recurrence of episodes of overt hepatic encephalopathy in patients ≥18 years of age. TARGAXAN®?/ XIFAXAN® 550mg is a broad spectrum antibiotic that targets commensal gut bacteria, acting on Gram-negative and Gram-positive aerobes and anaerobes, reducing the excess ammonia produced by the gut bacteria of patients with cirrhosis.
Product under licence from Alfa Wassermann S.p.A. XIFAXAN® and TARGAXAN® are registered trademarks of the Alfa Wassermann group of companies, licensed to the Norgine group of companies.
MOVICOL® is a iso osmotic laxative indicated for the treatment of chronic constipation and faecal impaction.
Norgine is a European specialist pharmaceutical company that has been established for over 100 years. In 2014, Norgine’s total revenue was €296 million and the company employs over 1,000 people.
Norgine provides expertise and ‘know how’ in Europe to develop, manufacture and market products that offer real value to healthcare professionals, payers and patients. Norgine’s approach and infrastructure is integrated and focused upon ensuring that Norgine wins partnership opportunities for growth.
Norgine is headquartered in the Netherlands and its global operations are based in Amsterdam and in Harefield, UK. Norgine owns a R&D site in Hengoed, Wales and two manufacturing sites, one in Hengoed, Wales, and one in Dreux, France.
For more information, please visit www.norgine.com
In 2012, Norgine established a complementary business, Norgine Ventures, supporting innovative healthcare companies through the provision of debt-like financing in Europe and the US. For more information, please visit www.norgineventures.com.
NORGINE and the sail logo are trademarks of the Norgine group of companies.
Isabelle Jouin, T: +44 (0)1895 453643
Charlotte Andrews, T: +44 (0)1895 453607
Follow us @norgine
Job code: GL/COR/1015/0050
 European Colonoscopy Quality Investigation Group: Improving Standards in Colonoscopy Through a Practice Level Audit Tool. Abstract: UEG15-ABS-3692
 New Low-Volume Bowel Cleansing Solution (NER1006) vs Trisulphate, Polyethylene Glycol 3350+Ascorbate or Sodium Picosulphate/Magnesium Salt: Three Ongoing Multicentre Randomised Parallel Group Phase III Studies in 1914 Patients Undergoing Colonoscopy. Abstract: 15-ABS-3387
 Impact of Switching From a Brand to a Generic Macrogol on Prescriptions and Doses for Patients with Chronic Constipation in the UK. Abstract: UEG15-ABS-2167
 Cost Effectiveness of Rifaximin-α 550 mg (XIFAXAN/TARGAXAN) in the Reduction of Recurrence of Overt Hepatic Encephalopathy in United Kingdom. Abstract: UEG15-ABS-1973
 Cost Effectiveness of Rifaximin-α 550 mg (XIFAXAN/TARGAXAN) in the Reduction of Recurrence of Overt Hepatic Encephalopathy in Sweden. Abstract: UEG15-ABS-1961